- Brightens, tightens, and smooths skin
- Treatment time: 30 to 60 minutes
- Minimally invasive
- Safe for all skin types
- Popular for hair restoration
What Does PRP facial Treat?
- Dark under-eye circles and crow’s feet
- Fine lines around the mouth
- Crepey skin in neck, chest, and eye areas
- Dull or gray skin tone
- Sun damage
- Hair loss
Who Is a Good Candidate for a PRP Facial?
If you suffer from dark under-eye circles, fine lines, crepey skin, sun damage, acne scars, or large pores, PRP might be an effective treatment for you. At your consultation, we’ll take our time to get to know you and your goals. If we think another treatment such as BOTOX® Cosmetic or JUVÉDERM® would be a better fit for you, we’ll let you know!
PRP therapy is not recommended for patients who have blood disorders, anemia, or cancers of the blood or bone.
PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma)
THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH
CHECK OUT OUR INSTAGRAM HIGHLIGHTS FOR EXAMPLES AND USE CASES!
How Does a PRP Facial Work?
There are 2 steps to a PRP facial performed by one of our specially trained injection experts:
Harvesting Your Plasma
We start with a quick blood draw to collect a few vials of whole blood. We then give this a spin in a centrifuge to separate the plasma from the other components of your blood. Then we collect this platelet-rich liquid gold and prep it for your treatment.
Treating Your Skin
We infuse your skin with plasma through tiny injections in your face, chest, or scalp so it can work its wonders. The whole process takes less than an hour.
How Should I Prepare for My PRP Facial?
If you’re on blood-thinning medications or anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs), you’ll need to stop taking these 3 weeks before your appointment. You’ll also need to pause immunotherapies 24 hours before your appointment. Please consult with your doctor before making any changes to your care to make sure it’s safe to do so.
Follow these guidelines 12 hours before your treatment:
- No Retin-A products
- Avoid sun exposure
- No sunburns can be on the treatment area
- Skin must be clear of all products, including makeup
If you have active acne at the time of your treatment, one of our skin specialists will determine it’s safe to proceed.
What Is PRP Recovery Like?
Here’s what you can expect during recovery and what you can do to care for your skin as it heals:
- 6 Hours: Avoid touching the treated area or applying makeup.
- 48 Hours: Sleep with your head elevated, preferably on your back, to lessen swelling and bruising.
- 72 Hours: Don’t scrub, exfoliate, or massage the treated area. You might have some discomfort and swelling during these first few days. Try taking Tylenol (acetaminophen) and applying an ice pack wrapped in a thin cloth for 5 minutes at a time.
- 2 Weeks: After this point, give us a call if you feel any lumps or unevenness in the skin. Your skin will feel firm and then soften over time. Use a moisturizer such as Vaseline or Aquaphor to combat any itching or dryness you feel in the meantime.
Any bruising or swelling you may have should go away after 3 or 4 days.
When Will I See My PRP Facial Results?
Within a few weeks of your treatment, you’ll likely notice an overall improvement in your skin’s hydration, texture, and tone. New collagen and blood vessels begin to grow after 3 to 6 weeks, and reduction of fine lines and wrinkles and volume correction happens over the next 3 to 6 months.
How Long Do PRP Facial Results Last?
Results can last between 1 and 2 years, depending on the individual. While it does take some time to work, it creates long-lasting improvements to keep your skin looking healthy, fresh, and positively glowing for months to come.
"I would most definitely recommend this place to anyone who is interested in Juvederm and Botox treatment. I've tried multiple places in the past and this one is the best one I've came across."
~ Tabitha A.
"After arriving they actually convinced me not to overfill my lips and gave me the advice to first dissolve the filler that had moved around so I can achieve a better look. I really appreciated this, because usually these types of places don't really care to actually give you a consultation on how to better the way you look."
“I cannot say enough about California Cosmetics! I have been to several other injectors in OC and they are hands down THE BEST! I am a perfectionist and they are the only ones who get it right every single time.”